A superb opportunity has arisen to use your finance skills to help a growing apparel brand hit the big time.
Are you up for the challenge? It’s your move.
We’re OHMME, an eco-conscious yoga and lifestyle brand for men that’s going from strength to strength. We recently featured on BBC Dragons’ Den – and 2019 is shaping up to be an exciting year for our young brand.
Born out of the search for better men’s yoga clothing, OHMME is now dedicated to making it easier for guys everywhere to move freely, comfortably, and stylishly, no matter what disciplines or sports they enjoy.
What’s more, our deep interest in the health of the planet means we’re dedicated to finding the most innovative, ethical and honest means of producing great activewear.
Are you studying towards ACCA and looking for an accounting role in an exciting apparel brand? We’re searching for a full-time Financial Controller to help steer us through a new period of growth.
We want someone to take care of our day-to-day financial operations and advise on our financial strategy.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will be in the process of studying ACCA, and have some experience of accounting either at an accounting firm or in-house with a brand.
You’ll be taking responsibility for our daily finance functions, making sure we’re in the best possible position to drive sustainable growth.
- Helping us maintain positive cashflow
- Preparing management and year-end accounts
- Presenting timely and accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaising with OHMME staff and external suppliers to solve everyday challenges
- Working alongside our existing outsourced accountancy firm
- Driving the financial planning of the company and analysing performance and risks
- Maintaining awareness of the company’s financial position
- Preparing budgets and forecasts
- Ensuring all of the company’s tax requirements are met
- Processing returns payments
- Processing pay roll
- Reconciling stock and management of supplier invoices
- Taking day-to-day control of the bank account, processing of purchase and sales ledger transactions
- Processing VAT returns and reconciliation of company credit cards and petty cash account
- Regular monitoring and chasing of overdue balances
COMPETENCIES & REQUIREMENTS
- You will need to be studying towards, or already be fully qualified in, a relevant accountancy qualification such as ACCA, AAC, or CIMA.
- You may currently be working as a Finance Manager or Financial Controller and will be someone who enjoys working within a fast-paced environment.
- We’ll assume you have demonstrable knowledge of industry standard IT tools, good organisational abilities, and some forecasting skills.
- Previous experience with an apparel or retail brand isn’t essential but would be considered an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent presentation/report-writing skills
- Desire to work in a fun and ambitious start-up
Why work at OHMME?
- Competitive salary
- Relaxed work atmosphere
- 30 days’ holiday
- Staff discount
- Regular team socials
- Central London Old Street office location
- Daily team lunches and in-office workout equipment
We’re a close-knit team and have lots of fun creating our products. We like to move, be it through yoga, running, climbing, surfing or at the gym. We’ve already built a strong customer base and we’re aiming for even bigger and better things. If you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.